Cataloguing in Gippsland

Musings of a Cataloguer at Large in Gippsland. Just personal thoughts - absolutely no bearing on the thoughts of any organisation with which I am working.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Digitise It Mark II

Desktop copying setup

Second day of the workshop just as good as the first.

Main thing I learned today - when they talk about "capturing meta data" (a phrase that used to scare me a bit), what they really mean, is Cataloguing It. With a few minor variations.

I didn't know I had been out there capturing meta data. Well, there you go!

More, when I get myself organised.

But in the meantime, if you want to see a better photograph of this setup above, CLICK HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wal Pilz said...

Linda,
For another setup, see http://rkdhistory.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B11%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B11%3A00&max-results=50
Wal

August 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Wal,

Do you mean this one >

http://rkdhistory.blogspot.com/2011/08/update-digital-camera-in-reading-room.html

Or is it something further down? That is an interesting version using an old copy stand, not sure if it is relying on the light in the room or flash.

Cheers

Linda

August 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home