Cataloguing in Gippsland

Musings of a Cataloguer at Large in Gippsland. Just personal thoughts - absolutely no bearing on the thoughts of any organisation with which I am working.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Monday, September 5, 2011

New Newspapers Online

More Gippsland newspapers have come online at Trove. The Maffra Spectator is now online from 1882 to 1920. You can access it HERE. Just put the word/s for which you are searching in the box at top right, and click on the "Limit to issues of this title" immediately below that box.

It joins the Gippsland Times, and Traralgon newspapers, which went up a few months ago.

There are now a number of other Gippsland newspapers online - you can see the full list for Victoria HERE. They include papers from Morwell and Warragul.

I have finally registered to correct the electronic text online, and have to admit it is rather addictive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Infolass said...

Good stuff, I will have a look for my HOURIGAN family down Gippsland way

September 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Addictive it certainly is! I have accessed soooo much Bennett / Garrett info giving my family history a new perspective. JB

October 16, 2011 at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home